As we push further into August, our market is crazier than ever. I wanted to provide an unscripted update—the honest thoughts I’d share with you if we sat down for a coffee and discussed the news. Here is just a small taste of the headlines gracing various local and national publications right now:
- “Market for Second Homes Is Still Red Hot in Tourism Areas”
- “Homes Continue to Sell at Fastest Pace in Two Years”
- “Homes Are Flying Off the Market at Their Fastest Rate in Two Years”
- “Americans Leave Large Cities for Suburban Areas”
- “Rural Real Estate Prices Rise as People Consider Leaving Cities”
- “Share of Buyers Looking to Move Out of Town Hits Record High”
- “New Single Home Sales Soar to Highest Rate in 13 Years”
- “Mortgage Applications Surge as Buyers Scramble for Rates Below 3%”
- “Medium Existing Homes Rise for 100th Consecutive Month”
This is my every day—I wake up with this, I have lunch with this, I go to sleep with this; I’m always reading, and I also do a ton of in-depth research because I pride myself on being the most up to date on evolving trends. I obsess over market news so I can be a resource for you.
These headlines shouldn’t come as a surprise, but I wanted to supplement them with my own experience as an expert who lives and breathes real estate. I can assure you that what you’re reading is accurate, but I think these articles hardly capture the insanity we’re seeing in our market: Multiple offers abound, interest rates are making records, and homes are going under contract within hours.
(Speaking of ‘unscripted,’ check out 2:34 in the video above; I received a call from a buyer looking at a beautiful house in the private community of Long Bay.)
What a time to be a seller! If you’re a buyer, this market is not for the faint of heart; to secure your next home, you have to arm yourself with nothing less than the best tools, techniques, and strategies. The reason I still have a job is that I offer all those things to my clients and help them achieve their real estate goals. I’m good at negotiating in tricky multiple-offer situations, but don’t take my word for it; I have 152 reviews on Zillow now, so let my other clients assure you that I know what I’m doing, especially in these wild conditions.
Stay tuned in the coming weeks for my next video, and remember: Mi casa es su casa. If you have questions about the market or are interested in buying, selling, or investing soon, don’t hesitate to reach out to me by phone or email at any time. I’m always here to help, whatever your real estate needs may be!